Refresh your walls this Spring with Command Products
If you’re looking to refresh your home for the spring and inject some colour into the walls, the Command Brand from 3M has some simple wall gallery ideas that even the most DIY-phobic can follow!
Command Products are a range of ingenious adhesive strips and hooks which allow home lovers to securely hang picture frames, decorations and much more without the hassle of nails, screws and tacks, throughout.
Holding fast to finished wood, tile, metal or painted walls, Command Products can revolutionise the way that you hang almost anything. Yet when the time comes to refresh a room with a new look and style, Command Strips can be stretched away from walls quickly and easily, without leaving any marks.
Why not try out one of these simple wall galleries to give your home a stunning update?
Creating a wall gallery of mismatched frames can seem like a daunting task, but with a little planning it’s easy to create an effortlessly chic look to refresh your desk. Here we used elegant gold frames to create a wall gallery to match the colour theme of the objects on the desk. With Command Picture Hanging Strips it doesn’t matter if you make a mistake or hang the picture wonkily as the strips can easily be removed from walls damage-free and allow you to re-apply the picture frame until it is straight.
Once you’ve selected your favourite prints and frames, here’s what to do:
- Clear space on your floor and play around with your frames until you are happy with the positioning
- Turn all of your frames over (TIP: it might help to take a picture before you do this!) and stick your Command Picture Hanging Strips onto the backs of the frames. Larger frames will require four pairs of strips, while smaller frames will only need two.
- Remove the backing liners from the strips and position each frame on the wall (TIP: this is where an extra pair of eyes might come in handy)
- Ensure the frame is straight (you can do this by resting your spirit level on top) and when you’re happy, press the frame firmly into the wall and hold for 30 seconds.
- Repeat this process for the next frame along and continue until your wall gallery is complete.
- Finally, you need to remove the frames from the wall and leave for an hour to allow the strips on the wall to bond fully. When the time is up… click the frames back into place and voila, your wall gallery is complete without a nail in sight!
- When you are ready for a change, simply remove by stretching the strip off the wall leaving the perfect blank wall you started with ready for your next project.
If your desk area is keeping you motivated as it is, maybe you have a plain wall behind a sofa or stairs that needs sprucing up? A wall gallery is a simple but effective display which adds interest to an empty wall.
Create this beautifully colourful and vibrant homemade picture gallery for your home using Command Strips, Command Clear Mini Hooks and Command Clear Wire Hooks. Break up the look with mini frames like these heart-shaped ones and hang on hooks.
Fireplaces are often a natural focal point in a room; however if you have a non-working fireplace it can be difficult to know how best to bring it to life.
A simple suggestion is to match the wall colour to the colour of the wood, iron or tiling work within the fireplace itself. This will quickly add synergy to the space and will help to pull the look together.
Why not create a simple picture gallery above it to create an instant impact, without the need of nails?
Try to balance out the colours in your picture gallery by ensuring the base wall colour features in most of your images and spread these out on the wall. This allows the eye to travel around the whole gallery easily.
For more information, visit: www.commandstrips.co.uk.