Keeping This Kids Busy This Half Term
Keeping the kids occupied in half term can prove very difficult. Either budget doesn’t allow, or you’ve just run out of ideas! With this in mind we’ve created a great guide to make your life a little bit easier.
Most cities have a great Cinema, Bowling Alley, Swimming Pool or Ice Rink that will keep the kids excited; this means you won’t have to travel too far and the costs will be fairly low. However, if you feel as if you’ve exhausted these options over the years and want to do something different then here are some great places to visit:
- Madame Tussaudes – A Museum chain for life-size wax replicas of celebrities! A great day out if you love ‘Selfies’; the wax figures look really realistic and will make the kids feel as if they’re hanging out with the celebs!
- The Eden Project – An educational charity, situated in Cornwall. A lovely place to visit and lots of things to see whatever the weather!
- Go Ape – If adventure is what your kids love then Go Ape is the place to be this half term, and they’ve got lots of sites across the country.
- Theme Parks – Why don’t you head out for an adrenaline filled day; there’s lots of theme parks situated around the UK!
- A trip to the Zoo – Get up and close with the animals with a wild day out.
These attractions can be costly so before booking, search the web for discount codes. Booking online can make your day slightly cheaper too!
TOP TIP – Take a packed lunch wherever you go; this will save a lot of money. However, if you do want to eat out, a lot of restaurants have a ‘Kids Eat Free Deal’.
Although we love getting out and about to see new places, sometimes money doesn’t allow. We’ve got some great ideas to help you keep the kids entertained on a low budget!
- Treasure Hunt – Head to your local supermarket or £1 shop and buy a couple of novelty items. Hide these around your house and garden, create a map and it will take up hours of the day!
- Baking – Kids love helping out in the kitchen. Granted, it can be a little messy but they love to be involved so find something fun to bake!
- Build a den – This was everyone’s favourite thing to do as a child. Fill their bedroom with blankets, pillows and some fairy lights and that will be it – hours of fun building it and hours of fun playing in it!
- Green Fingers – A couple of extra hands in the garden wouldn’t go a miss? Kids get so excited at the thought of getting their hands dirty.
- Fancy Dress – Make your own fancy dress costumes, maybe you’ve got some old clothes to rip up or why don’t you head to your local charity shop and pick up a few items to cut up?
Half term doesn’t always have to cost a lot, just remember be creative and imaginative! The kids will have a brilliant half term no matter what the weather.