As we shake off winter and welcome warmer months, we’re already dreaming of sunnier days ahead. Spring is the perfect time of year to take a short break, and whilst you wait with anticipation to find out whether you’re the lucky winner of a two-night stay for two at one of the Hotel Collection’s luxurious properties around the UK, there’s no better excuse to mull over some of the UK’s most beautiful locations for inspiration on where to visit on your next staycation.
1. The Jurassic Coast – Stretching from East Devon to Dorset, the Jurassic Coast is a UNESCO World Heritage Site filled with picture-perfect rock formations, fascinating fossils and simply magical coastal views. The striking natural rock arch of Durdle Door near Lulworth is postcard-worthy and the colourful red sandstone at Orcombe Point take you back to the beginning of the story millions of years ago.
2. The Lake District – Brimming with gorgeous landscapes and breath-taking views, the Lake District was made for short breaks. Renowned for its spectacular lakes and tranquil surroundings, this is a place for embracing the great outdoors and relishing those precious springtime moments. For an alternative way to explore the area, hitch a ride on the award-winning Ullswater Steamers.
3. Cornwall – Cornwall entices flocks of visitors each year. With picturesque coves, ancient wonders and a ton of unique attractions to keep you busy, there’s no wonder it’s a spring favourite. Whether you fancy exploring a pretty harbour town or want to put your surfing skills to the test – spring time in Cornwall is the perfect way to enjoy a relaxing long weekend.
4. Stratford-upon-Avon – Stratford-upon-Avon is one of England’s most treasured market towns, with its fascinating Tudor architecture and links to Shakespeare. Walk in the footsteps of the Bard with a visit to Mary Arden’s Farm, Hall’s Croft and Nash’s House, plus take the chance to see his work performed live on stage at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre with SuperBreak.
5. Cambridge – Cambridge has seen the likes of Steven Hawking, Charles Darwin and even John Cleese attend its prestigious and world-famous university, and with a spring break to this stunning city you can retrace their steps and enjoy a break packed with British heritage and culture. Make the most of the spring weather with a punt along the River Cam, or discover the gardens and glasshouses at the university’s Botanic Garden.
6. Harrogate – Sat on the doorstep of the Yorkshire Dales, this North Yorkshire spa town offers visitors a ton of things to see and do. You can explore the RHS Garden Harlow Carr, or indulge in delicious tea and cake at Bettys Café & Tea Rooms, which has been open for almost 100 years. Skipton Castle, Beningborough Hall and the beautiful Ripon Fountains Abbey are also nearby, so take a picnic and enjoy the springtime vibes!
For more inspiration for 48 hours in a favourite UK destination, visit https://www.superbreak.com/uk-in-48-hours.
0800 042 0288