WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Makeup sponge + paper plate + red and black nail polish.
4 STEP TUTORIAL
- Dip the corner tip of the makeup sponge in the red polish and tap, tap, tap from the middle of your nails to the tip.
- Using the same sponge, tap the black polish just on the tips of your nails.
- With the red polish, tap over the black polish to soften the black look. Doing this step will make the blood look dirty and congealed. Scary!
- Dip a dotting tool (or toothpick) in the red polish and use it to create the blood dripping effect.
- Before you start: Cut the sponge into a smaller piece. This will help you keep the polish off your skin and you can save the remainder sponge to try out other sponge nail looks like my vampy Red x Black Glamlook. If you do get polish on your skin, just use some nail polish remover to clean up after you’ve completed the look.
- Drip effect: With the dotting tool, drop a small drop of red polish where I want the drip to end (closer to cuticle than tip), then drag the polish toward the tip in a squiggly motion.
- Bleeding effect: For a bleeding effect, have the red polish run along your cuticles on some of your nails… People will think you’re really bleeding!
- Realistic effect: Not using a top coat leaves a rough textured finish which looks like congealed blood (see the picture just to the right of step 4)! I completed my look with a coat of Seche Vite, giving it a nice glossy finish.