The days are longer, the evenings are lighter and the kids are about to enjoy a long hot summer (we hope). Sistema knows that it can be an expensive six weeks trying to find something for the kids to do everyday, so are on hand to let you know of all the best picnic locations across the UK!
Sistema has a range of wonderful food storage containers that are perfect for keeping your lunches fresh. All Sistema products are made in New Zealand, are BPA and Phthalate free, dishwasher and microwave safe. You can browse the full range at www.sistemaplastics.com , buy their products online at John Lewis or you can find them in major supermarkets and department stores. Be picnic ready thanks to Sistema!
Sistema has found these beautiful places that will inspire you to whip out that blanket and relax in the sun. Choose from sandy beaches to the deep forests of the U.K. So be sure to pack your sausage rolls and yummy sandwiches in Sistema’s huge range of storage containers especially their catalogue of lunch packs. They have you covered for all your families dietary needs. Keep hydrated all day during these long hot adventures with Sistema’s leak proof water bottle, no more spillages on your long days out. Lets make a summer for the kids to remember.
- Lydford Gorge, Devon – The deepest Gorge in the whole of the South West, and one of Devon’s gems. It has two must see attractions; the White Lady Waterfall and the Devils Cauldron. Both are surrounded by ancient woodland and will keep the family exploring for hours. Enjoy your food whilst watching the gorgeous waterfalls, but the walk is not for the faint hearted so you will need all your energy!
- Avon Valley Wildlife Park, Bristol – The kids will have a fantastic opportunity to get up close to the wildlife and learn more about them. Enjoy ninety acres of beautiful countryside filled with outdoor adventure play. There is plenty to keep everyone entertained and best of all you can bring your own lunch to save the pennies and pack a picnic to dig into whilst you admire the animals.
- Bigbury Beach, Devon – A child friendly beach, with clean sand and plenty of rock pools to explore, so bring the fishing nets and buckets and get searching for sea creatures. You can also make this a romantic getaway for couples to enjoy the views from Burgh Island – when the tide is out you can wander across the causeway to the island itself.
- Victoria Park, London – Nature can still be found in the big city! The large park is filled with canals, ponds and sport activities. During the summer open air concerts are also held, enough to keep anyone happy. There is nothing like sitting on the grass in the sun listening to music and tucking into a yummy picnic. The perfect relaxation.
- Dalby Forest, North Yorkshire – Beautiful forest areas perfect for walks and bike riding with over 70km across 8,000 acres of bike trail for all the family can engage in. If your feeling like a real adventure this is the perfect place for you!
- Fell Foot Park, Windermere – Run, Walk or Row with the family at Fell Foot. There are plenty of ways to get active and then enjoy a picnic in the park. With stunning views of Lake Windermere, an outdoor play area and family canoe sessions, everyone can get involved.
- Achnahaird, Scottish Highlands – A relatively unvisited spot along the western coast, with cream coloured sand and mollusc encrusted rocks and rock pools to go hunting for crabs and saline. The views of the nearby mountains are breath taking. Get your walking boots on and walk for miles then take a rest at the beach and appreciate your fresh sandwiches.
- Porthmeor Beach, St. Ives – Escape the bustling streets with a lunch above the sand of the beach. Porthmeor captures the spirit of the Cornish coast anytime of year. Watch the sun sink into the sea atop the shallow cliffs or lay a blanket right on the sand. This is the perfect romantic picnic!
- Carmarthenshire, Wales – There are a number of wonderful areas filled with picnic sites and a particular favourite for bird watchers. How many different birds can you spot? Climb up to Carreg Cennen Castle in the Black Mountains and enjoy the Carmarthenshire countryside as it surrounds you in a sea of green. Don’t forget to do the spooky ghost trail!
- Alice Holt Forest, Farnham – Let the kids run riot in this fun child friendly adventure playground. This place has a number of children’s trails (with activity packs) and play areas. Let the kids roam freely in the beautiful surroundings. With a peaceful lake for fishing, this forest is wonderful for both couples and families.
Sistema are giving you the chance to WIN a bundle of goodies that are perfect to get you ready for your picnic adventures! Don’t miss out on this fantastic prize – pop over and enter this great competition here.
To find out more visit www.sistemaplastics.com or purchase at John Lewis.Don’t forget to hit us up on social media with your photos and get everyone involved in your adventure – join us on Facebook Twitter and Instagram.